Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Three more days to go...

There's three more days until the Las Vegas Marathon. The last week before a marathon is relaxing and nerve-wracking at the same time. On one end, I always enjoy the relaxing part, but spend a lot of time worrying if I have done enough to prepare. The fact is, there is very little you can do other than take care of yourself in the last week -- no extra training is going to do any good, and will probably hurt.

So I did my last real run before the race -- I ran about 30 minutes at race pace, and felt pretty good. Hopefully I can remember what that feels like on the day of the race!

So I can spend the time I used to spend training getting the "important" parts of the running done -- I mean, it's one thing to run a marathon, but one also should be coordinated and have good music to run to, shouldn't one? :)

Currently I am working on music, but I'll likely bring my ipod mini so that I can also listen to books as well. I have been especially saving C.S. Lewis' "The Problem of Pain" for the marathon, and am also determined to get through "How to Practice" by the Dalai Lama. I figure, a marathon is a great time to learn how to transcend suffering :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home