Sunday, October 30, 2005

Other people's marathons, and a 20-miler completed!

Anne ran the USMC Marathon today, and survived! Dad ran the Silicon Valley Marathon, and turned in a 4:16!

Way to go to both of them!

While waiting for their results to come in, I redid my 20 miler that I should have done on Saturday. I was so happy to have kept on the treadmill for that long -- every once in a while, I'd veer right and almost fall off. I celebrated with a Big Mac -- after 20 miles, nothing tastes better than a Big Mac to me :)

After the McD celebration concluded, I unfortunately had a LOT of stuff to do. First on the list was shovel snow. I figured that I should get that out of the way first before the soreness started to set in :) The next thing? Clean the house! Another very unpleasant thing to do after running 20 miles. Now, I am looking forward to picking up Frank from the airport and going to sleep!

For this week:
Monday: Killer XC class. Anytime you are reminded not to eat two hours before, there will likely be some unpleasantness.

Tuesday: 12x400m/hilly run. I've got to get used to running hills since the LV marathon is not totally flat this year.

Wednesday: Killer XC weights class. Yikes.

Thursday: Run 5 miles tempo at 9:20. Yikes again.

Friday: Free day! Perhaps there will be snow enough to go skiing???

Saturday: "Easy" 15 miler. This is prep for next week's other 20 miler.

Sunday: Free day! Skiing again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home