Sunday, October 23, 2005

Running Report, October 23

Last week, I stayed "pretty much" on track, except that my entire Thursday workout was shot. I'm finding that the speed workouts really do make me run faster, although I still prefer to do my long runs at a slow pace.

Speaking of long runs, I had to complete my 18 miler on treadmills at the gym. Yes, it's become the time of the year in AK where running longer than an hour outside is not so fun. Yuck! I tricked myself into thinking I was outside by running on three different treadmills. I really caused myself a lot of grief through chafing -- we had to make a late-night stop at the Fred Meyer for spray-on band aid stuff and burn pads.

This week's schedule:
Monday--XC training (plyometrics)
Tuesday -- Tuesday Night Trail Run/4x1600 at 8:15
Wednesday -- XC training (weight training)
Thursday -- 8 miles tempo at 9:20
Friday -- easy day!
Saturday -- 20 miles Long run (hopefully outside)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home