Monday, October 17, 2005

Running Long, October 17

"I've always felt that long, slow distance produces long, slow runners." - Sebastian Coe

Last week was somewhat of a bust, with my cold coming back with a vengeance. I took it as a sign that I needed to relax a bit, and therefore did not do my 17 mile long run this week.

So, this week's schedule goes something like this:
Monday--XC training (plyometrics)
Tuesday -- Tuesday Night Trail Run/8x800 at 8:15
Wednesday -- XC training (weight training)
Thursday -- Five miles tempo
Friday -- easy day!
Saturday -- 15 miles Long run

I've got a whole month to go before the marathon, so am not worried (yet) about shortening long runs. From experience, I only need to do one 18 miler or so to really feel comfortable with the marathon, and honestly I usually remember little of the last eight miles of a race anyways :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home