Sunday, October 09, 2005

Long Run, Oct 9

"It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse." - Ann Trason

Today I did my long run for the week (13 miles) outside on my long-run loop in my new Brooks Addiction shoes.

I didn't feel as great as last week, and I'm not sure why. The only two things that I can think of that were different were 1) it was about 10 degrees colder at the start of the run (I could see my breath!) and 2) I was wearing the new shoes. My diet was a bit different the day before (Thai food) so perhaps diet did play a factor into the running today.

The result: 13 miles, 2:10 which is about 15 minutes faster than last week (hey, maybe that's why it didn't feel great).

After the run, I did my regular recovery routine and feel pretty good.

Up this next week:
Monday: XC training workout (agility)
Tuesday: Trail Race (Tuesday Night Trail Series)
Wednesday: XC training workout (strength)
Thursday: 12x400 m at 2:00/lap
Friday: 3 miles at 9 min/mile
Saturday: 18 miles
Throughout the week: Yoga at lunchtime (3x)

Overriding goal of the week: Form: I tend to squat a bit when I run, my plan is to run taller this week and see if that is an improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home