Monday, November 21, 2005

Viva Las Vegas! Marathon Update

I got mail saying that the marathon is 12 days away while eating a grilled stuft chipotle steak burrito...how ironic! Here are some new

Entertainment

Apparently, there will be entertainment along the route (not including the "elvi" and the run-through chapel)...including an x-box lounge at mile 19! What a great mile to take a few minutes to chill out and play a few video games! I wonder if they will have promotional trinkets for the marathoners? There will also be entertainment called "Milk and Cookies" at Mile 16 -- I don't know about you, but milk and cookies are not the best thing to be eating in a Marathon!

God loves Marathoners.

Just in case you need some extra help keeping your shoelaces tied, there will be a blessing of the shoes at Our Lady of Las Vegas on Saturday.

Track me!
Just like the Marine Corps Marathon, you can Track your favorite participants in the race (me!)-- including split times! This not only takes all the challenge out of Frank and Mom's support duties, but also allows anyone anywhere to send good vibes to runners. Heck, maybe I should wear my cell phone to find out my own splits...

1 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger wild gosling said...

haaa! what i cool marathon. i'll be tracking you. ;-) i'll give you a call mid-run - you don't even have to talk to me, just pant steadily and i'll know you're doing fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home